Endo Micro Surgical Retreatment – Management of Endodontic Failure
June 26, 2020 - June 27, 2020, United Arab Emirates - Dubai
To understand the rational behind micro surgical retreatment approaches and acquire basic surgical knowledge.
This course consists of three parts - two half-day theory and one full-day hands-on training:
- The theory (approx. 3-4 hours) will be delivered to the delegates via Online Virtual LIVE Classroom Coaching on the above mentioned dates and time.
- The hands-on training (full-day) will be delivered face-to-face in the autumn of 2020 (date to be announced).
- To understand the rational behind micro surgical retreatment approaches and acquire basic surgical knowledge.
- To understand the importance of magnification in endodontic microsurgery and acquire basic microsurgical skills.
- Outcomes of endodontic microsurgery vs traditional apicectomy.
- The science behind effective local anaesthesia in endodontic microsurgery.
- The use of a dental operating microscope in endodontic microsurgery.
- Flap design and tissue handling to improve post-surgical healing.
- How to effectively prepare an osteotomy.
- Correct methods of ultrasonic root-end preparation and how to identify anatomical markers.
- Which equipment is appropriate for use in micro-surgical techniques.
- Effective suturing and postoperative care including analgesia.
- Been calibrated to a dental operating microscope.
- Have identified cases where surgical intervention is appropriate.
- Have raised a flap with microsurgical instruments.
- Created an osteotomy and identified anatomical markers.
- Performed root end resection and retrograde preparation of the root canal space.
- Performed microsurgical suturing.
- Developed a post-operative care strategy to minimize complications and improve healing.
Theory Agenda | Online | 26 June 2020
|10:00 – 12:30||Rational behind micro-surgical endodontic retreatment
Indications-Contraindications for microsurgery
Armamentarium for microsurgery
Effective Anesthesia and hemostasis staging
Soft tissue management (Flap designs, retraction, suturing)
|12:30 – 13:00||Discussions and Q&A|
Theory Agenda | Online | 27 June 2020
|10:00 – 12:30||Hard tissue management (Osteotomy and root resection)
Retro-filling Materials and Techniques
Wound healing-surgical Sequel-complications
Outcomes of Microsurgery
|12:30 – 13:00||Discussions and Q&A|
Hands-on Training Agenda | Face-to-face | Autumn 2020
|09:00 – 11:00||Microscope powered hands on
Flap design and suturing
|11:00 – 11:15||Coffee Break|
|11:15 – 13:00||Demonstration of microsurgical cases|
|13:00 – 14:00||Lunch|
|14:00 – 15:45||Microscope powered hands on
|15:45 – 16:00||Coffee Break|
|16:00 – 18:00||Demonstration of microsurgical cases|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the price and how do I pay?
You pay 1,980 AED ($ 540) + 5% VAT now for the theory (online) part of the course. You pay 2,200 AED ($ 600) + 5% VAT two weeks before the hands-on training (face-to-face) in the autumn 2020.
Is there a discount?
Yes, for the online theory of the course, you pay 10% less of the standard price.
What about the CME?
Everything you attend online will have the usual local GCC and international (ADA CERP) accreditation for CME hours.
What happens if I cannot attend on the scheduled date and time for the theory online?
The Online Virtual LIVE Classroom Coaching will be recorded and available to you anytime, anywhere. If you cannot join, you can watch it at your convenience.
What if I have questions during the Online Virtual LIVE Classroom Coaching?
You will be able to address any questions directly to the speaker via the chat function because this is a live session.
When will the hands-on training (face-to-face) take place?
It is planned for the autumn of 2020.
How would I remember what was taught online in terms of theory right before the hands-on?
You will have access to the recorded video at all times, so you can watch it again before you come for the hands-on training.
What else do I get?
You will receive an access to the Online Library of CAPP for this particular day of teaching.
I still have unanswered questions.
Please call / WhatsApp at +971502793711