Endo Non-surgical and Surgical Retreatment – Management of Endodontic Failure
June 19, 2020 - June 20, 2020, United Arab Emirates - Dubai
To understand the rational behind non surgical retreatment approaches and the aitiology of initial root canal treatment failure. To present an evidence based framework for the safe and effective disassembly of non obturation and obturation materials.
This course consists of three parts - two half-day theory and one full-day hands-on training:
- The theory (approx. 3-4 hours) will be delivered to the delegates via Online Virtual LIVE Classroom Coaching on the above mentioned dates and time.
- The hands-on training (full-day) will be delivered face-to-face in the autumn of 2020 (date to be announced).
- To understand the rational behind non surgical retreatment approaches and the aitiology of initial root canal treatment failure. To present an evidence based framework for the safe and effective disassembly of non obturation and obturation materials.
- To understand the factors related to the long term outcome of non surgical endodontic retreatment and to develop a rational diagnostic and decision making framework. To appreciate the importance of magnification and illumination for the management of complicated non surgical retreatment cases.
- Delegates will be able to remove guttapercha obturations from root canals, remove Carrier based obturations from the root canals, remove paste obturations and remove fiber posts. Delegates will have the opportunity to use most of the current technology used during retreatment procedures.
- Delegates will be able to bypass and remove broken endodontic files and understand all the preventive measures to avoid complications during endodontic instrumentation. The delegates will be able to repair a pulp floor perforation, to obtutrate an internal resorption defect and to perform apical plugs with biocompatible materials.
Theory Agenda | Online | 19 June 2020
|10:00 – 12:30||Rational behind non surgical endodontic retreatment
Disassembly of non-obturation materials
Removal of obturation materials
Disinfection during retreatment
|12:30 – 13:00||Discussions and Q&A|
Theory Agenda | Online | 20 June 2020
|10:00 – 12:30||The 3 dimensional anatomy of root canal systems and its relation to root canal treatment failure
Outcome studies on non surgical root canal treatment
Prevention and management of broken endodontic instruments
Calcium silicate cements and their application during non surgical retreatment
|12:30 – 13:00||Discussions and Q&A|
Hands-on Training Agenda | Face-to-face | Autumn 2020
|09:00 – 11:00||Microscope powered hands on
Removal of gutta-percha fillings
Removal of carrier based materials
Removal of fiber posts
|11:00 – 11:15||Coffee Break|
|11:15 – 13:00||Demonstration of cast post removal|
|13:00 – 14:00||Lunch|
|14:00 – 15:45||Microscope powered hands on
Broken instrument removal and bypassing
|15:45 – 16:00||Coffee Break|
|16:00 – 18:00||Pulp floor perforation repair
Internal resorption defect management
Apical plug placement
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the price and how do I pay?
You pay 1,980 AED ($ 540) + 5% VAT now for the theory (online) part of the course. You pay 2,200 AED ($ 600) + 5% VAT two weeks before the hands-on training (face-to-face) in the autumn 2020.
Is there a discount?
Yes, for the online theory of the course, you pay 10% less of the standard price.
What about the CME?
Everything you attend online will have the usual local GCC and international (ADA CERP) accreditation for CME hours.
What happens if I cannot attend on the scheduled date and time for the theory online?
The Online Virtual LIVE Classroom Coaching will be recorded and available to you anytime, anywhere. If you cannot join, you can watch it at your convenience.
What if I have questions during the Online Virtual LIVE Classroom Coaching?
You will be able to address any questions directly to the speaker via the chat function because this is a live session.
When will the hands-on training (face-to-face) take place?
It is planned for the autumn of 2020.
How would I remember what was taught online in terms of theory right before the hands-on?
You will have access to the recorded video at all times, so you can watch it again before you come for the hands-on training.
What else do I get?
You will receive an access to the Online Library of CAPP for this particular day of teaching.
I still have unanswered questions.
Please call / WhatsApp at +971502793711